Athlete Sponsorship Opportunities
Team Tyler is currently looking for sponsorships.
Please contact Don Wigington at email@example.com for inquiries.
Tyler Wigington is a world class Special Olympics and Paralympic runner from Middleton, Wisconsin. Tyler was born with several developmental disabilities including Autism, Hypotonia (low muscle tone), Verbal Apraxia and Intellectual disabilities. Slow to reach most childhood and adolescent milestones, Tyler always had a keen interest in sports and running. Tyler slowly overcame many of his physical challenges to participate in numerous sports with Special Olympics. After many successful years running in Special Olympics Track and multiple open community distance events, he has recently been selected to the Team USA Paralympic Emerging Athletes team and will compete in the 2016 U.S. Paralympic Team Trials this summer in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Spring/Summer/Fall 2016 Events
Tyler will kick the season off with Regional Special Olympics and Paralympic meets before defending his 2014 & 2015 titles in the men’s 400m, 800m &1500m events at the Special Olympics Wisconsin State tournament. Tyler will then head to Charlotte, North Carolina to where he will compete for a spot on the 2016 Paralympic USA Team competing in Rio this fall. Other notable competitions will be the Paralympic Junior National Championships in August and World Cross Country Championships in late fall.
- Special Olympics WI Regional Track Meet: Oregon WI
- Desert Challenge Paralympic Games: Tempe, AZ
- Special Olympics WI State Track Meet: Stevens Point, WI
- U.S. Paralympic Team Trials: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Paralympic Junior National Championships: Middleton, WI
- Paralympics Games (Dependent on trials): Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- INAS World Cross Country Championship: Long Island NY
Team Tyler is currently looking for companies that wish to align their brand and or products with an elite track athlete that brings the Special Olympics and Paralympic brand names. While we are open to different types of sponsorship packages, we are primarily seeking financial support for training & competition, as well as training/competition gear in exchange for the following:
- Positive alignment and association with Special Olympics and Paralympic Athlete
- Branding opportunities on training & warm-up apparel
- Use of athlete image to promote your business and/or products
- Athlete appearance at your organizational events
- Social media recognition by athlete of product/services
- Branding opportunities on website